Windows Phone 7 (w/ Video)

I just received an email about the Windows Phone 7 Developer tools being available ‘immediately’ this morning, so I went through their site to find it. The email didn't contain the link to the download page, and I can’t find any direct downloads, so I was forced to get the web installer version here.

*after a few hours*

Here are my thoughts:

+ Teh Interwebz is enabled by default :D Woot~!
+ XNA/Silverlight views & C# models means that code can be easily reused/ported to Windows Phone 7
+ The default resources are included in the app.xaml including the textblock, font, button and slider styles.

• The Emulator was fast and snappy (after a long startup load) but will the apps run this fast on real hardware?

- NOT Silverlight 4, which means that there’s no ICommand interface. You can see the commonly used workaround on the video above.
- I forgot to show this on the vid, but I can’t multitask. When I click the back button (black arrow near the windows ‘start’ button) the current application exits.. maybe I’m doing something wrong?

All in all, I love it when a new platform comes out and I can use my existing knowledge to code apps there immediately~ :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment