Research Proposal, Part Deux

I was at a loss on what to describe at the "Scope and Structure" part of my research proposal, so I decided to skip and create my tentative table of contents and start from there.

After I composed the ToC (attached below), I immidiately realized that the book is a bit too complex. The beginning chapters was alright, but it progressed a bit too fast and finished with a couple of modules that the students wouldn't use until their undergraduate thesis (or in the industry, in the case of team programming). I thought about compressing it further, giving more breathing room in the first few modules, but then realized that I'm not writing the book just for the freshmen (first year students). If a student buys my book, then they'll use it until their last year in the colegio just because of multiple perspectives it presents to the reader.

So, the first draft of the proposal for my book "Fundamentals in Programming" looks like this:



I still have to iron out a few things before I pass it tomorrow, but I doubt it would be changed that much. Wish me luck, I hope this gets approved ^^ tommorow then~

0 comments:

Post a Comment