Research Proposal, Part One

I’m currently typing up the research proposal for my book, “Fundamentals in Programming”. It’s fairly long (and boring), but I plan to post most of the juicy parts in this blog.

 

The first part of the proposal is the name of the worktext, and the name of the proponents. Unfortunately, I’m not the sole proponent of the book because I’m not yet a regular employee of the Colegio. Dr. Cory Rebong, however, is my boss (Institution Head) and agreed that she’ll be a proponent “in paper only” and left the whole project to me :D

 

The review of literature was focused on the lack of problem solving skills of freshmen students, as well as their difficulty in understanding abstract concepts such as Variables and Memory Addresses. My proposed solution to this problem is a brute force approach- from start to finish, all examples will be problem-solving. Also, the entire first chapter of the book is dedicated to modeling abstract concepts through the use of pseudocode and flowcharting.

 

I spent a great deal of time researching the literature for the proposal, and found that the book: Information and Beyond: Part I By Eli Cohen (the famous Book of Eli, yea?) contained a wealth of research, specifically I. Milizweska and G. Tan’s work (pg. 277) which they entitled “Befriending Computer Programming”. I also found that one of their references, E. Dunican’s Alternative Delivery Techniques for 1st Year Programming Courses, is very informative.

 

The needs analysis was straightforward, with a focus on the shortcomings of current programming books in the Colegio’s library. Most of the books are outdated with only one or two copies on the shelves.

 

I’ll discuss the proposed Scope & Structure of the book on part two~ I guess my self imposed 300-word limit is a bit too short :( Anyhow, see you tommorow, Oyasumi~!

0 comments:

Post a Comment